The amendments to the Social Insurance Law (167/2017) affecting Employers in Cyprus are applicable from the 13th of September, 2021 (the “Effective Date”).
You should be aware of the following critical points:
1. From now and onwards, the Application to register as an Employer in Cyprus must be filed at least one (1) day before the commencement of your business operations;
2. Each Employer must notify the Department of Social Securities for any new recruitments at least one (1) day prior to the respective employment;
3. Each Employer must maintain an Employees’ Register, which shall be including details, such as Numerical sequence number of the new employment, Full name, ID number, Social Securities number, employment date, employment commencement date etc).
4. Declarations for the commencement of employment will not be issued as from the Effective Date.
5. As from the 14th of September, 2021, all the Employers should process all the relevant notifications through the online portal “ERGANI” at: https://ergani.mlsi.gov.cy. Instead, for all employments prior to the date above, they can use the current system – “SISNET”.
Our dedicated Team of professionals would be glad to hear about your case and assist you further. Please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org