According to Advocates Law Cap 2, article 2 (1) (iv), only a “practicing Advocate may deal with the drawing, reviewing, amending of any Memorandum or Articles of Association of a Company of any form or any application, report, statement, affidavit, decision or other document pertaining to the incorporation, registration, organisation, reorganisation or dissolution of any Legal Entity”.
The formation of a Company in Cyprus is a straight-forward procedure, which consists of the following steps:
1. Filing of a Name Application for approval by the Registrar of Companies;
2. Once approved, the Lawyer prepares the necessary documentation:
- Incorporation Form;
- Form for the appointment of Director & Secretary;
- Form for the Registered Office;
- Memorandum & Articles of Association.
3. Submission of the above documents with the Registrar of Companies;
4. Drafting of the internal corporate documentation;
5. Order of Company seal.
Once the Company is registered with the Registrar of Companies, the Lawyer / Accountant of the Company usually proceed with the:
a) Bank account opening;
b) TIC registration; and
c) VAT registration (if necessary).
Please refer to us for detailed guidance at https://www.gclawfirm.eu/contact-us/